“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:35
Our Social Ministry reaches out beyond the walls of Zion into the community to families and individuals who may need extra support by:
- Stocking and working with the Long Valley Community Assistance Program (LVCAP) to reach out to families in need in the local area.
- Providing Easter and Thanksgiving food baskets to local families through LVCAP
- Providing rides when needed
- Christmas Gift collection in support of Market Street Mission, and local families in need.
- Ongoing congregational special events throughout the year
- Sponsorship of Operation Chillout – a local charity working with the homeless of Morris County
- Support for Operation Christmas Child Shoebox outreach mission
- Providing meals in time of need
- Providing financial aid to those in need through LVCAP
- Organizing Habitat for Humanity workdays
MISSION QUILTS FOR LUTHERAN WORLD RELIEF:
Our next Zion Quilting Day is being re-scheduled – a new date will be announced soon!
Sharing one of our creations with Zion’s very own Ken Winterfeldt
Let’s celebrate our Mother’s on Sunday, May 13th and remember their warmth and kindness by dedicating blankets in their name to the Project Comfort Fund. Your special gift of $5 will enable the Lutheran World Relief Organization to supply blankets to those who are facing hardship. To dedicate a blanket, please return the bulletin insert…
Five children are registered for the babysitting evening to be held in Faith Hall on April 28th from 5-8pm. Adults from our church family are ready to spend a fun evening with them. If you have had, or will have, a child baptized at Zion in 2015, 2016, 2017 or this year, and would like…
Zion continues to be in need of individuals or couples willing to take communion to shut-ins. You would join a rotation of Eucharistic Ministers with assignments every few weeks. Contact Pastor Dan or Marcia Horner to volunteer or to get more information.
Each year the New Jersey Synod awards several college scholarships to students from Synod congregations. Known as the Wurffel Fund College Loan, these small scholarships go to those who have financial needs and will be attending a college or university in the coming school year. Pastor Dan has application forms in his office and encourages…
Good times in summer often involve food – a summer barbecue with friends and family, grilled hamburgers and watermelon on the fourth of July, an ice cream cone on a hot summer day. For our food challenged neighbors those tastes of summer may be out of reach unless we help. Please plan your food budget…
The opioid education seminar originally scheduled for March has had to be rescheduled due to our snow challenges. It will now be held April 24th. It will still feature the Morris County prosecutor and assistant prosecutor, local Washington township representatives, and someone from the CARES program., which offers help to those struggling with addiction. This…
The ELCA “Good Gifts” program has cards for many occasions (including Easter)! You may honor someone special to you by giving a gift of farm animals to those in need and sending your honoree a special card to inform them of your gift. See www.ELCA.org and click on the “Good Gifts” tab for more information…